COVID-19, the disease caused by the Coronavirus, continues to spread around the world and throughout the United States. It is vital to stay current on updates and guidelines from the CDC, the WHO, the federal government and the state of Florida. Here are some resources to help you stay informed on this rapidly changing situation.
- American Dental Association COVID-19 Dentist Resources
- National Network for Oral Health Network Resources for COVID-19
- COVID-19 FAQ
- Center for Disease Control
- Florida Department of Health
- World Health Organization
- National Institutes of Health
- Coronavirus Scam Alert
Coronavirus Rumor Control
The purpose of this FEMA page is to help the public distinguish between rumors and facts regarding the response to coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Rumors can easily circulate within communities during a crisis. Do your part to the stop the spread of disinformation by doing 3 easy things; don’t believe the rumors, don’t pass them along and go to trusted sources of information to get the facts about the federal (COVID-19) response.
Governor's Executive Orders
- #2020-51 Executive Order re: Establishes Coronavirus Response Protocol and Directs Public Health Emergency
- #2020-52 Executive Order re: Emergency Management – COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
- #2020-68 Executive Order re: Emergency Management – COVID-19 regarding bars, beaches, and restaurants
- #2020-69 Executive Order re: Emergency Management – COVID-19 – Local Government Public Meetings
- #2020-70 Executive Order re: Emergency Management – COVID-19 – Broward and Palm Beach County Closures
- #2020-71 Executive Order re: Emergency Management – COVID-19 – Alcohol Sales, Restaurants, and Gyms
- #2020-72 Executive Order re: Emergency Management – COVID-19 – Non-essential Elective Medical Procedures
- #2020-80 Executive Order re: Emergency Management – COVID-19 – Airport Screening and Isolation
- #2020-82 Executive Order re: Emergency Management – COVID-19 – Isolation of Individuals Traveling to Florida
- #2020-83 Executive Order re: Emergency Management – COVID-19 – Protective Measures for Vulnerable Populations, Gatherings of Private Citizens and Density of the Workforce
For a county by county collection of specific orders and policies go the Florida Association of Counties/Institute of County Government County Response Dashboard.
Additional County Information
Visit the Florida Association of Counties/Institute of County Government Main Dashboard for additional resources.
Additional State and National Agency Information
- The Florida Agency for Health Care Administration--What You Need to Know About COVID-19 in Florida
- Florida Department of Economic Opportunity--Reemployment Assistance Service Center
- Florida Department of Health--Florida-specific information on the Coronavirus
- Florida Department of Health--COVID-19 Data and Surveillance Dashboard
- US Department of Treasury--Treasury and IRS Delay Federal Tax Day to July 15, 2020
- US Department of Treasury--Coronavirus: Resources, Updates, and What You Should Know
Information for Businessess
Here are a few resources for assistance for businesses that have been negatively impacted by this crisis:
- U.S. Small Business Administration - Economic Injury Disaster Loans:
The U.S. Small Business Administration is offering Economic Injury Disaster Loans to Florida small businesses suffering substantial economic injury as a result of the Coronavirus. Learn more about the program, eligibility or apply HERE. For assistance, call (800) 659-2955 or email email@example.com. The deadline to apply is December 18, 2020.
- The Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program:
Currently available to small business owners experiencing economic damage as a result of COVID-19: Find more information about the Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program online, or by calling (866) 737-7232 or by emailing Disaster@FloridaSBDC.org.
- Business Assessment Damage Survey:
The State of Florida has activated the Business Damage Assessment Survey to assess the impact of the Coronavirus on Florida’s local business operations and local economies.
- Short Time Compensation Program for Employers:
Short Time Compensation Program for Employers seeking assistance to retain their workforce.
- Florida-specific information on the Coronavirus from the Florida Department of Health and data from the Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Data and Surveillance Dashboard.